Hi Everyone 🙏 Today is a new episode of “Living La Vida Yoga” featuring Kelcie Mahr 🧘♀️ @coreloveyogagirl thank you sweetheart for sharing your experience with us 💖
How did you get into yoga? Why did you start practicing?
- Since I was a young child, I always had a fondness for yoga. As I grew older, that fondness flourished into a passion. While living in Florida, I found the road to veganism and it was there that I decided to not only cleanse my body, but also my soul by becoming more dedicated to my lifestyle change and yoga practice. The two just seemed to go hand in hand. They were honesty the best two decisions I’ve ever made!
What made you want to become a yoga teacher ?
- I became a yoga teacher to inspire others with my journey and to make a difference in the lives of others. If I could help someone dealing with depression, anxiety, weight loss or provide a fun comforting activity for someone with cancer, ADHD, down syndrome, autism, etc I was going to do it. I always wanted to give back to the community. Since I started teaching I’ve built an amazing space filled with wonderful people and it has been incredible to see what we are capable of. I’ve worked with so many different organizations and I hope there will be many, many more.
What or Who inspired you everyday?
- Rachel Brathen is my yoga idol. I’ve taken every workshop she has hosted in New Jersey, each one is unique and allows me to learn something new about myself. Not only is she amazing at yoga, but she has such a positive outlook on life. She is genuine, hard working, kind hearted, humble and I love her energy. When I met her I connected with her instantly. One day I hope I can make half the impact on others as she has.
What kind of yoga styles do you practice?
- I practice many different styles of yoga. I teach Vinyasa, Power Yoga, Buti Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Aerial Yoga.
What has been your biggest Yoga Experience up to date?
- My biggest yoga experience thus far was being a guest on the A&E Network show -Plant Based By Nafsika. It was wonderful being able to share my love and passion for yoga with so many people.
What advice would you give to someone just starting its yoga journey?
- The best advice I would give for someone starting their yoga journey is to be patient with yourself! The best part about Yoga is it’s YOUR journey. You go at a pace that feels comfortable for YOUR body and when you become more regular with your practice you will see changes with your body and mindset that you’ve never experienced before. Trust the process!