“Woman is the creator of the universe, universe is her form; woman is the foundation of the world, she is the true form of the body.” From Shaktisangama Tantra.
What Is The Shakti Power ?
According to Hindu tradition, Shakti is the cosmic goddess of creation and wholeness. Shakti is energy that moves the entire universe. It is a dynamic force that gives life and movement to the planet.
Shakti is feminine active energy, and is opposed to Shiva, the latent masculine energy. The forces of Shakti and Shiva are complementary. It is said that together, they create the universe in a cosmic dance called “lila”. This eternal dance of opposites is represented in the cosmic mandala symbol.
They are different forms of Shakti that can be experienced in different ways and levels, inside and outside of us :
- Para-Shakti is the cosmic force of the universe : the sunlight, the movement of the planets.
- Jnana-Shakti is the “knowledge” power, it represents our thoughts and intuitions.
- Iccha-Shakti is the “will” power , it represents our actions and intentions.
- Kriya-Shakti is the “manifestation” power : it represents creativity and inspiration.
- Kundalini-Shakti is the most significant form of Shakti. It is the internal hidden Shakti. This ultimate power is said to be located at the base of our spine. Kundalini takes the form of a “Female Serpent”, a serpent goddess. In physical terms, Kundalini Shakti is electricity and magnetism.
They are spiritual traditions that teach how to awake the Kundalini in order to reach spiritual enlightenment. The way to liberate this power is through Yoga, Deep Meditation and Pranayama. Kundalini rises through the nadis (energy channels), awakens each successive seven chakras (energy centers) to be united with Shiva. (crown chakra)
Yogini featured in this post is @ericarinyoga